Alisa's Chicken Pot Pie

I leave out the pimientos and mushrooms...and add another bag of peas and carrots...sometimes I dice left over baked potatoes....it is so so yummy...and I use premade pie crusts, but you can use whatever pie crust you prefer...lately my kids favorite version is when I took grand biscuits, rolled one nice and flat and put it into an individual sized pie pan, then took another biscuit (the flaky kind and separated it into layers for the top....they love those individual ones...)






Chicken Pot Pies



½ cup onion chopped

½ cup fresh mushrooms chopped optional

¼ cup butter/margarine

1/3 cup flour

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp sage

1/8 tsp pepper

2 cups water

¾ cup milk

1 TB chicken bouillon granules

3 cups cooked chicken cubed

¼ cup pimientos optional

¼ cup parsley optional

1 pkg 10z peas and carrots frozen

1 cup croutons



(NOTE: - I used 9deep dish pie pans and this filled 2 I topped 1 with croutons, and 1 with pie crust. My family preferred the crust. I doubled this and made 4)



Cook peas and carrots according to pkg directions. Drain. In a saucepan cook onion and mushrroms in margarine until tender, but not brown. Stir in flour salt, sage, and pepper. Add water, milk, and chicken bouillon granules all at once. Cook and stir til thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 2 minutes more. Stir in drained vegetables, chicke, pimento, and parsley. Place mixture into pie pans. Top with croutons or pie crust. (Freeze at this point.) To cook thaw and then bake in 250 degreen for 45 min 1 hour. Or until bubbly and crust is brown. I turned it up to 375 toward the end of cooking to brown the crust.